Young Scientist Award 2023 - Winners announced!
- HER Event
Five young researchers belonging to Hydrogen Europe Research’s member organisations have been awarded on November 22 during the European Hydrogen Week!
The Young Scientist Award is an annual competition organised by Hydrogen Europe Research, with the objective of giving visibility to the work of students, PhDs, postdocs and young researchers, and encourage their involvement in Clean Hydrogen Partnership projects. Another goal is to attract young talents to work in the field of #hydrogen and fuel cells.
Same as last year, the competition revolved around four pillars, reflecting the structure of the Clean Hydrogen Partnership. One young scientist was awarded in each pillar, and one was elected “Best Researcher of the Year”:
- Hydrogen production: Drialys CARDENAS MORCOSO (LIST)
- Hydrogen storage and distribution: Tom DEPOVER (University of Ghent)
- Hydrogen usages: Elena CRESPI (Fondazione Bruno Kessler)
- Cross-Cutting activities: Sergii KASHKAROV (Ulster University)
- Best researcher of the year: Giovanni DI ILIO (Uni Parthenope)
The five winners attended the ceremony in person; they received a prize of 1000 EUR and a trophy.
Congratulations to the winners and thank you to all young researchers who applied for our award!