Young Scientist Award 2022 - Winners announced!
- HER Event
Five young researchers belonging to Hydrogen Europe Research’s member organisations have been awarded on October 26!
The Young Scientist Award is an annual competition organised by Hydrogen Europe Research and conducted during the Hydrogen Week; with this competition, Hydrogen Europe Research wishes to give visibility to the work of students, PhDs, postdocs and young researchers, and encourage their involvement in Clean Hydrogen Partnership projects. Another goal is to attract young talents to work in the field of hydrogen and fuel cells.
This year, the application revolved around four pillars, reflecting the structure of the Clean Hydrogen Partnership. One young scientist was awarded in each pillar, and one was elected “Best Researcher of the Year”:
- Hydrogen production: Michele Bolognese (Fondazione Bruno Kessler)
- Hydrogen storage and distribution: Lisa Blanchard (CEA)
- Hydrogen usages: Merit Bodner (Graz University of Technology)
- Cross-Cutting activities: Donatella Cirrone (Ulster University)
- Best researcher of the year: Erika Michela Dematteis (University of Torino)
The award ceremony took place in Brussels, at Brussels Expo, during the Hydrogen Week 2022. The five winners attended the ceremony in person; they received a prize of 1000 EUR and a trophy.