Hydrogen Europe Research is looking for a part-time Administrative Assistant based in Brussels!
- HER Event
About the job
Hydrogen Europe Research is the leading European association representing the research community on hydrogen and fuel cells. The association comprises 150 universities and Research & Technology Organisations (RTO), with members sharing their knowledge and expertise on all segments of the hydrogen value chain. Its mission is to promote, support and accelerate the development of hydrogen and fuel cell technology by aligning the European R&D community and providing a stronghold for cooperation with the industry, increasing the impact of research in the sustainable shift to clean technologies. Hydrogen Europe Research’s work is driven by the Board, the Secretariat and its members involved in the various Technical Committees and Working Groups of the association.
- Prepare payroll, maintain payroll records, and liaise with relevant bodies ,(i.e. Secrétariat Social, Mensura, etc.).
- Prepare contracts with external providers (i.e. IT service provider, consultants etc.) and office suppliers.
- Maintain HR records for employees.
Administrative and financial:
- Daily follow-up of invoices, expenses and income of the organisation; handling expense reports with the support of the external accountant.
- Liaise with the Belgian administration and assist the Executive Board with administrative tasks linked to the Governance and Association Management (i.e. Moniteur Belge, Banque Carrefour des Entreprises, etc).
- Provide support for occasional events organised by the association (General assemblies, others).
Other missions may be decide depending on the interest of the applicant.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and French, to liaise with the various administrations and service providers in Belgium.
- Working experience in Human Resources / Secretariat.
- Good knowledge of Belgian administrations / fast-learner with administrative ease.
- Proven experience in administrative / financial / accounting management.
- Proactive and problem-solving mindset, with strong organisational and time management skills.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint…) and videoconferencing tools (Zoom, Google Meets…).
Nice to have
- Working experience in back-office positions.
- Experience in multi-cultural environments.
- Knowledge of Hydrogen Europe Research, its values, mission and activities is a plus.
What we offer
- An indefinite contract under Belgian law with a competitive remuneration package based on qualifications and experience.
- Extra-legal benefits: public transport allowance, private health insurance, group insurance, food vouchers, home-office allowance.
The contract is expected to be part-time (50%, to be defined with the selected candidate).
Starting date: As soon as possible.
How to apply
Please email your application including a CV and a cover letter to email@example.com
Visa/work permit requirements
Candidates must hold the independent right to live and work in Belgium and be prepared to ensure that right remains throughout the scope of the contract. Please note that it is your responsibility to ensure you meet the legal requirements to live and work in Belgium.